Preserving your trust is very important to us at the United Fire Group. We recognize that private and confidential information we learn about our customers should only be used responsibly.
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms you complete in connection with processing your request to purchase our insurance products.
- Information we receive in connection with the processing of your claims or requests for payment concerning our insurance products.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or similar third parties (when part of our insurance underwriting practices).
- Information we receive from other parties, such as a work history obtained from an employer (when part of our insurance underwriting practices).
- Information about your transactions with us and our affiliates such as your payment history on your account balances.
- Individually identifiable health information, such as your medical history (when part of our insurance underwriting practices or in connection with a claim for benefits).
- Web site information: When you visit our websites, we will record information necessary to track aggregate information about our visitors. This information will include, but is not limited to your IP address, browser and platform types, access times and dates, and pages you viewed. This information is gathered solely for the purpose of generating aggregate statistics which are used to help us improve our sites. We may also store “cookies” on your computer. Cookies are used to collect certain information that you may enter and are used only to improve your experience on our websites.
We use this information to issue and administer competitive insurance products and services and to develop marketing programs and products to better allow you to make informed decisions concerning the insurance protection you may need. Our practices are designed to manage this information carefully.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to non-affiliated third parties, (or outside of the United Fire Group) except as permitted by law.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law. In general, our disclosures are to parties that provide services for us so that we may more efficiently process the transactions and services you request. We may also disclose any information collected (other than medical information) to parties with which we have an agreement to jointly offer or sponsor products or services. Our agreements with those parties require them to use your information responsibly and limit their ability to share this information with other parties.
We do not share, internally or externally, personally identifiable medical information for any purpose except to process transactions or to provide services you have requested.
We have security practices and procedures in place to prevent unauthorized access to your information. Our practices of safeguarding your information help protect against the criminal use of your information.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
How can I change the information you have about me and my account?
If you want to access, correct, or update your information after you have requested a quote or your policy has been issued, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call our help desk at 800-895-6253 M-F between the hours of 7:00 AM and 6:30 PM CT. You may also submit your request via our website by going to our Contact Us page and completing the online contact form. "
Additional Notice Regarding our Websites:
The United Fire Group websites contain links to websites of other companies and organizations. While we provide links to outside sites as a convenience to you, we are not responsible for and do not endorse any site, or any of the products, information or services offered by these companies or organizations. We are not responsible for the accuracy, content or maintenance of those sites. If you visit one of these sites, you may be asked to provide information. Be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of any of those sites and we encourage you to read their privacy statements before using those sites.
Your browser may include a “Do Not Track” setting that signals websites to disable tracking by third parties such as ad companies. Currently United Fire Group websites do not support the technology to respond to “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms.